As we all learned in 2020, a home isn’t just a home anymore. For many, it’s become an office, learning center, classroom, and more. Fortunately, Eagles Nest homes are equipped with high-speed Internet access, appointed with elegant finishes, and surrounded by a host of world-class amenities—allowing your mountain home to be whatever you need while keeping your social distance.
So, why not embrace remote living with a home office that boasts some of the most majestic views in the country? To help you get started, here are some of our top tips to increase productivity and make the most out of your home office in the mountains.
- Follow a mountain living-inspired morning routine.
As any remote professional will tell you, routine is key for peak productivity. And how you start your morning really sets the tone for the rest of your day.
Begin with a relaxing cup of coffee on your back deck overlooking the Western North Carolina mountains, followed by a brief hike along one of our many community nature trails. Then enjoy a homemade breakfast in your state-of-the-art kitchen before you finally make your way to your home office. It’s the perfect way to wake up and get ready for whatever work challenges come your way.
- Set up a dedicated office space with an exceptional view.
It’s important to have a designated office space when you’re working from home, especially if you’re converting your vacation home into a working space. Fortunately, Eagles Nest mountain homes have plenty of rooms with large windows overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains, so you’re sure to have a spectacular view no matter where you decide to place your office.
Set up shop in a guest room, spare bedroom, or a small corner of your living room. Just be sure that your space is somewhere quiet, free from distractions, and easy to organize. (“Do not disturb” sign optional.)
Bonus: Eagles Nest is also equipped with a fiber optic cable network that provides premium access to fast, reliable Internet service with high download speeds—making it easier to stay connected when you need to be, even in the heart of the mountains!
- Recharge with Eagles Nest amenities.
Scheduled breaks are an essential part of the workday to refocus and increase productivity. In a normal office, that might entail a trip to the water cooler or break room. But at Eagles Nest, we offer plenty of opportunities to reset and get your game face on in between conference calls. Here are some of our favorites ways to unwind:
- Visit Great Camp for a game of horseshoes, corn hole, or mountain mini putt.
- Play a quick pick-up game of basketball or pickle ball at Sportsman’s Lodge.
- Go rock climbing at Boulder Park for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon rush.
- Take a ride on one of the many scenic UTV/ATV trails winding throughout the property.
- Get some fresh air with a pre-lunch walk or bike ride on one of the Eagles Nest nature trails.
- Elevate your lunch break.
At Eagles Nest, your lunch break doesn’t have to be limited to the four walls of your home office. And sometimes, a change of scenery can boost creativity and give you a fresh perspective.
Plan a little midday family time with small a picnic at Great Camp’s Barbeque Pavilion or by the water at the River Club. Or if you’re working through lunch, consider enjoying your meal on your covered porch so you can take in the stunning views of the surrounding mountains for a dose of inspiration.
- Enjoy the perks of a home office in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
It’s all about location, location, location. And a mountain home at Eagles Nest means you have easy access to some of the best parts of Western North Carolina. Take advantage of nearby attractions and local businesses to make the most of your WFH experience:
- Treat yourself to a special midweek lunch by ordering curbside pick-up from your favorite restaurant in Boone or Banner Elk.
- Hold your next video conference on your back patio with a view of the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains behind you—no virtual background needed.
- Replace your normal commute with a leisurely end-of-day car ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway as you phase out of work mode and into a more relaxed state of mind.
A home office at Eagles Nest is unlike anywhere else in the world. It’s an opportunity to blend your usual work activities with the excitement and adventure of Western North Carolina. And as you can see, working remotely in the Blue Ridge Mountains has the power to transform a simple coffee break into a spectacular mountain living experience.
Take a tour.
Interested to see what else Eagles Nest has to offer? Schedule a Discovery Tour to learn more about our adventure-focused mountain community.